Rooter Dude is looking for full service plumbers that are ready, willing and able to perform service calls throughout Los Angeles County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County, and Orange County. Include below is a brief description of what is required from the plumber.
||Detailed Work Activities
- adhere to safety procedures
- apply building or land use regulations
- apply intermediate technical math (algebra, geometry, number sequences)
- apply plumbing systems knowledge
- determine material or tool requirements
- install household appliances
- apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- assemble and install pipe sections, fittings, or plumbing fixtures
- install underground storm, sanitation, or water piping systems
- apply basic math (arithmetic, ratios, proportions or conversions)
- use measuring devices in construction or extraction work
- use pressure gauges
- apply basic plumbing techniques
- apply combination welding procedures
- clean rooms or work areas
- maintain records, reports, or files
- read tape measure
- verify levelness or verticality, using level or plumb bob
- braze metal parts or components together
- determine project methods and procedures
- read blueprints
- read technical drawings
- build or repair structures in construction, repair, or manufacturing setting
- compute production, construction, or installation specifications
- plan or organize work
- pressure test piping system or equipment for leaks
- read specifications
- cut, bend, or thread pipe for gas, air, or water lines
- determine installation, service, or repair needed
- move or fit heavy objects
- use soldering equipment
- cut, shape, fit, or join wood or other construction materials
- use hand or power tools
- direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- maintain or repair work tools or equipment
- maintain repair records
- perform safety inspections in construction or resource extraction setting
- repair or replace gas, sewer, or water piping or fixtures
- estimate time or cost for installation, repair, or construction projects
- lay out piping systems
- measure and mark reference points or cutting lines on work pieces
- negotiate business contracts
- provide customer service
- solder metal parts or components together
- use pipe fitting equipment
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Clear away debris in a renovation.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
|The Following Knowledge Is Required:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Time management skills.
- Strong sales technique