Description of License Classification
A plumbing contractor provides a means for a supply of safe water, ample in volume and of suitable temperature for the purpose intended and the proper disposal of fluid waste from the premises in all structures and fixed works. This classification includes but is not limited to:
- Complete removal of waste from the premises or the construction and connection of on-site waste disposal systems.
- Piping, storage tanks and venting for a safe and adequate supply of gases and liquids for any purpose, including vacuum compressed air and gases for medical, dental, commercial and industrial uses.
- All gas appliances, flues and gas connections for all systems including suspended space heating units. This does not include forced warm air units.
- Water and gas piping from the property owner’s side of the utility meter to the structure or fixed works.
- of any type of equipment to heat water, or fluids to a temperature suitable for the purposes listed in this section including the installation of solar equipment for this purpose.
- The maintenance and replacement of all items described above and all health and safety devices such as, but not limited to, gas earthquake valves, gas control valves, back flow presenters, water conditioning equipment and regulating valves. (832.36 CCR).
Building Official Information Guide
Can a C-36 Plumbing Contractor contract and pull permits for the installation of a seepage pit or other components of a septic system?
A C-36 Plumbing Contractor may contract and pull permits for installation of a seepage pit or other components of a septic system. An "A" General Engineering or C-42 Sanitation System Contractor may also perform this work. All three licenses are appropriate to install or repair all septic systems.
What license classifications are allowed to install or repair building sewers?
"A" General Engineering, C-36 Plumbing, C-42 Sanitation System, and C-34 Pipeline Contractors may install and/or repair building sewers. A "B" General Building Contractor may perform this work if it falls within the scope of work of a general building contractor as defined in B&P section 7057.
What license or certification is appropriate for removal of underground storage tanks?
A C-36 Plumbing Contractor is appropriate to install and/or remove any underground storage tank that provides a service to a building. This includes storage tanks for service stations.